Friday, August 19, 2005

Pulling Punches

I've been thinking about yesterday's post, and I realize now that I didn't quite say what I meant to.

Whether there's anything wrong with the article or not, my reaction to it was about me. Unless I can get myself to hold still long enough to observe my own reactions, my insights won't be valuable to me or anyone; they won't be complete, or completely honest. I tried to do that yesterday, and I did, just enough to identify what in the article made me so uncomfortable. But that's only the first half of the job.

I can't stand to let people help me with personal tasks. I can't stand getting sad or angry because of my limitations. These aversions are ways that I cope with having disabilities, and they're so natural to me that I mistake them for truth sometimes. That's what I got stuck in while I was looking at those two pictures. For the record.

6 comments:

Tom Naka said...

We had been blogging trying to find how our world sees oregon health insurance
. It has been a lifeline for us. Your site provides some of the best examples of this sort and we will bookmark yours. Another one we found was and appears to be related to yours is oregon health insurance
site/blog. It pretty much covers oregon health insurance
related stuff.

Wheel Chair Center said...

Hi Thanks for your interesting blog. I also have a blog/site, covering wheelchair actor
related stuff. Feel free to visit my wheelchair actor
site.

Greg said...

Hi, I was searching blogs and came onto your fantastic blog.

I have a niche site. It pretty much covers how make money with business optimization
marketing
.

Keep it up. I'll check back later, I'm sure.

Emotional Wellness said...

I was just surfing the net and came across your blog. Great work! This will help me perfect my personal development software that you are welcome to test drive at http://www.wellnessmaster.com. Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!

Emotional Wellness said...

I just came across your blog as I was looking for more information on Personal Development and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. Keep up the great work!

Motivation said...

I just came across your blog as I was looking for more information on Wellness Intelligence and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. Keep up the great work!